Friday 24 February 2012

Photos Used Within Bodmin College Magazine







I have chosen these photo's to use within my College Magazine contents page because of how they represent the primary target audience, that are young youth's aged from 12-19 years of age entering this school. So this would make them suitable for the Bodmin College Magazine I am creating.

Another main reason why I have chosen these specific images is because I had chosen a few friends of mine I asked to pose against a dotted background indoors deliberately, as I thought of the funky theme of poke-a-dots running through the magazine, making it fun and exciting for the primary target audience; Youths.

Whilst asking the sixth formers to pose against the poke-a-dot background, I asked them to perform a variety of fun/cool poses that will attract the target audiences attention. Especially with the top image of the young male posing like he has a large ego and confident. Whilst the second image below has a fun friendship theme running through as I asked my friends to group together and pose to how they thought it would be suitable for the magazine cover. They all this way can show individuality that I think would be another reason why people would find this image suitable for the target audience. 


These people who I have asked to pose within the magazine all go against the target audience theorist for Youth's, this is Stanley Hall who states (in short) that young people are usually involved in crime, drink and are come into connection with drugs. Except judging the appearance of the the youths you could argue that they go against the theory because they go against the stereotype by going into sixth form, not really having time to get drunk and etc. 

1 comment:

  1. Good discussion here of the reasons behind some of your creative choices. Do you have any images that did not make the magazine that you could feature here and discuss why you have not used them? The discussion is good though and shows your work on the shots and the layout.

    ReplyDelete