Sunday 22 April 2012

What I Learnt In Photoshop

When creating my media products making them suitable for the target audience that I had analysed and discovered through my audience research, I had to learn very quickly about photoshop because I had never used it before.

But what I did learn through photoshop was how to edit images and add images, this was done through finding a suitable font for my headings through UrbanFonts.com and print screening the image from there to edit in photoshop, changing the colours and editing the size to make it suitable to place within my Contents/Front Cover/Main Feature Spread pages.

When placing in images, text and etc, I learnt that Photoshop had provided layers to make the image look more natural and realistic, so it took me a while to adapt to this before I could understand fully what to do in terms of adding effects such as smoke and overlays. 

Next I learnt how to erase facial features upon the magazine with the "Spot healing brush tool." This was very useful because it helped my star vehicle/model look like perfection in terms of presentation just like the many other rock genre magazines I had analysed.

In terms of affects I learnt when I was adding smoke upon my main feature, that you could affect the opaque settings and the appearance, this helped me quite a lot because it went with the theme of my star vehicle calling her album "Smoke Screen."


No comments:

Post a Comment