Friday 27 January 2012

Target Audience For my Magazine


Audience Analysis

Designing a front cover and magazine contents page for the Bodmin College magazine will show that this will be suitable for the target audiences that range within Bodmin from classes E to C minus. But the primary target audience for this magazine will be students, who are aged from 12-19 years old (this is including the sixth form and Green field) meaning this will also be aimed towards young people/children with disabilities, but overall students who could be still living at home with their parents still. This therefore will link to my next target audience for this magazine, parents. Parents are within the Bodmin social class E to C minus and could be at a variety of age and ethnicity. Another target audience finally will be people who are working inside Bodmin College, governors, teachers and etc, who still fall in to the social class E to C minus and could also be at a variety of age and ethnicity, this means the magazine will need to be suitable for the huge variety of target audience selected to read this.

To start off and ensure that my magazine will be suitable for my variety of target audiences, I shall be planning a survey on a website called www.SurveyMonkey.Com. This will be posted on many social websites that I know to gain a variety of feedback from the local people in Bodmin and find out more information based upon the layout that will be created due to their feedback.

The types of questions that shall be asked upon my SurveyMonkey will be to influence me to create interesting information and layout within the magazine. An example of the type of questions I shall ask inside my SurveyMonkey will be “Which of these headmasters do you like best?” And “What encourages you to pick up a magazine?” There will be many more questions asked with multiple choice answers to select and personal comment boxes to gain better feedback on the type of magazine they’d pick up.

Then comparing this information from my results on the SurveyMonkey to ask my current target audience. Do you currently read the College magazine?” This will help me get an idea of who is basically interested in the magazine all together, so I could then compare this to my final result.

Annaleigh Benn

1 comment:

  1. This post demonstrates you awareness of target audience but because it seems to discuss your prelim task but it is in amongst posts on your main task it does not represent the best time management.

    ReplyDelete